Neighbourhood Plan 2016 to 2017
Neighbourhood Plan update - April 2017
The Localism Act 2011 enables parish and town councils to create Neighbourhood Plans and Herstmonceux Parish Council has been preparing Neighbourhood Plan for Herstmonceux Parish. The Draft Pre-Submission Plan is available for consultation until Friday 19 May 2017.
The Plan has been prepared with fifteen policies aimed at managing change and growth in the parish in a positive way so that the character of and the quality of life in the parish is maintained and improved.
The Plan aims to: -
- Meet local needs in keeping with the size of the Parish
- Complement and enhance our environment, both in its nature and history
- Protect the high quality rural landscape
- Contribute to the social fabric and wellbeing of the parishioners
- Promote employment in the Parish
- Promote and retain retail facilities
- Regulate future type and style of housing developments
- Provide an ongoing framework for all of the residents to contribute to the sustainable development of our community
Following the consultation, the Plan will be examined by an Independent Examiner and if approved, will be submitted for a Parish Referendum.
Once adopted, Herstmonceux Parish Neighbourhood Plan will sit alongside the National Policy Planning Framework and the Wealden District Council Local Plan when planning applications in Herstmonceux Parish are considered.
Copies of the plan can be viewed at:
- Hailsham Library
- Herstmonceux Village Information Centre
- Herstmonceux Village Hall
- the Parish Clerk - 01323 833312 or email@example.com
- Open evenings at the Village Information Centre from 5.30pm–7.30pm on Thursday 27 April 2017 and Thursday 11 May 2017
Comments on the draft Neighbourhood Plan should be sent to:
Mrs J McInnes, Clerk to the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group, Herstmonceux Parish Office, Gardner Street, Herstmonceux, East Sussex BN27 4LG or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group Members 2016
Councillor Stephen Nash – Chairman
Councillor Jenny Alder
Councillor Jo Angear
Councillor Angela Ashley
Councillor Malcolm Bradshaw
Councillor Heather Kenward
Councillor Ian Stewart